- Provides the authorized institutional signature for submissions to and awards from external sponsors, including contracts, collaborative agreements, etc;
- Negotiates terms and conditions of all externally funded project, service, or research agreements;
- Reviews, negotiates changes, and provides authorized signatures for Material Transfer Agreements (MTA), Data Use Agreements (DMA/RDMA), and Confidentiality Agreements (CDA);
- Serves as the official repository of grant submission and award documents;
- Prepares, negotiates, and signs subawards to collaborating agencies/organizations;
- Monitors programmatic project reporting and award management;
- Offers programs, templates, and online resources to assist both faculty and administrators with the development, internal review, submission, and award management for externally funded activities.
Sponsored Programs is located in the Office of Research suite of rooms on the third floor of the John E. Thomas building (rooms 373-384).