Some sponsors, especially foundations and both non-profit and for-profit organizations, do not use electronic submission systems. Unless the sponsor requires it, you may submit your proposal yourself as outlined below—but only after receiving all required internal approvals of your proposal via the AGrants system and the message from that system telling you your proposal has been approved and that you may proceed with submission to the sponsor. Or, you may ask your contact person in Sponsored Programs to do this for you.
- Read the program guidelines/RFP (Request for Proposals) to see to whom the email should be sent; what should be attached to it (such as project narrative, budget, budget justification, letters of support, etc.) and in what format; and when.
- Always save a copy of your email and upload it to AGrants as confirmation of your submission.
- Save and upload to AGrants any response confirming that your email was received as well.
Postal Mail or Courier
- Read the program guidelines/RFP (Request for Proposals) to see to whom the proposal package should be addressed and sent; what should be included in it (such as project narrative, budget, budget justification, letters of support, etc.) and in what format; and when.
- Important: Be sure to check whether the deadline is a postmark deadline or a received-by deadline. If it is a received-by deadline, please plan accordingly to allow time for shipping, in addition to review by Sponsored Programs and all required internal approvals via AGrants.
- Please note: Sponsored Programs cannot pay for commercial shipping such as UPS and FedEx or for overnight US postal service deliveries. Sponsored Programs will only mail materials first class via the US Postal Service using certified mail.
- Always save a copy of both the proposal package and mailing/shipping label, and upload them to AGrants as confirmation of your submission.
- Save and upload to AGrants any response confirming that your proposal was received as well.
- ASU Policy Manual
- Buy out
- Conflict of Interest at ASU and in the UNC system
- Export Controls
- External Professional Activities for Pay
- Faculty Handbook
- Human Subjects, Payments, and Recruitment
- IP Transfer
- Recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- UNCSO Masters/Policy
- Unmanned aircraft (Drones)
- Policy 602.10 Supplemental Pay