- All grant proposals and contracts for sponsored projects are submitted in the name of the University—not individual faculty and staff members. The legal applicant is Appalachian State University.
- If a signature is required for your grant proposal, preliminary proposal, or contract, only an authorized representative may provide this.
- Some sponsors use electronic submission systems, such as Grants.gov or FastLane, or otherwise require an authorized research administrator to log in and submit your proposal for you. Your contact person in Sponsored Programs will do this once your project has received all required internal approvals via the AGrants system.
- If your sponsor does not require submission by an authorized research administrator, however, you may submit your proposal yourself—but only after it has received all required internal approvals via the AGrants system. Or you may ask your contact person in Sponsored Programs to do this for you. See here for how to submit your proposal.
- ASU Policy Manual
- Buy out
- Conflict of Interest at ASU and in the UNC system
- Export Controls
- External Professional Activities for Pay
- Faculty Handbook
- Human Subjects, Payments, and Recruitment
- IP Transfer
- NSF Sexual Harassment Procedure
- Recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Supplemental Pay
- UNCSO Masters/Policy
- Unmanned aircraft (Drones)