If you will be holding a workshop, conference, or institute as part of your sponsored project, you may wish to include payment to those who attend (i.e., participants) as an incentive for their participation, if such costs are allowed by the sponsor.
The total cost is usually entered in the budget as Participant/Trainee Stipends and should be detailed in the budget justification (ex: $100/participant for 50 participants).
Note: Fees for instructors at a workshop, seminar, institute, etc. should not be included with stipends for the participants—since they are leading and not participating in those sessions. They should be paid separately as a consultant and listed as such in your budget and budget justification.
- ASU Policy Manual
- Buy out
- Conflict of Interest at ASU and in the UNC system
- Export Controls
- External Professional Activities for Pay
- Faculty Handbook
- Human Subjects, Payments, and Recruitment
- IP Transfer
- Recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- UNCSO Masters/Policy
- Unmanned aircraft (Drones)
- Policy 602.10 Supplemental Pay