- Must be enrolled at Appalachian either part-time or full-time
- Are paid an hourly rate as a student temp
- Must at least be paid at current minimum wage**
- Salaries must include payroll deductions***
Graduate students may be paid as a student temp or via a graduate assistantship.
|Grad students paid as a student temp
|Grad students paid via a graduate assistantship
** Payment for students varies from department to department; you should consult your chair or undergraduate and graduate program directors in your department for what is acceptable and usual payment for student temps and graduate assistantships.
*** RE: Payroll Deductions/Fringe Benefits: Depending on the level of enrollment (minimum of 6 credit hours) a student may not be exempt from FICA and disability tax. Additionally, student workers are subject to income tax reporting and taxation. Lastly, student employees may now be eligible for health care benefits under the Affordable Care Act, depending on the total number hours worked in the UNC system; the fringe benefits rate listed here for students accounts for this possibility.
Enter the tuition (including out-of-state rate when appropriate) under Other Direct Costs unless instructed otherwise in the sponsor's guidelines.
- ASU Policy Manual
- Buy out
- Conflict of Interest at ASU and in the UNC system
- Export Controls
- External Professional Activities for Pay
- Faculty Handbook
- Human Subjects, Payments, and Recruitment
- IP Transfer
- NSF Sexual Harassment Procedure
- Recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Supplemental Pay
- UNCSO Masters/Policy
- Unmanned aircraft (Drones)