- Effort is considered to be the amount of time any individual spends on a specific University activity. This includes time spent working directly on a sponsored project in which salary is charged directly (as cash payments to the salary line) or contributed (as in a cost share or matching funds situation).
- Effort is reported as a percentage of the total time spent on work-related activities for the University.
- It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator (PI) or Project Director (PD) to certify that the time and effort reports are accurate and not over-inflated.
- When the individuals working on a grant and the PI/PD sign the time and effort report, they are certifying that the information provided is accurate.
- If a grant or contract is audited and it is determined that the information provided was not accurate, the individual reporting the time and effort, the PI/PD, and the University may be responsible for repaying the grant.
- ASU Policy Manual
- Buy out
- Conflict of Interest at ASU and in the UNC system
- Export Controls
- External Professional Activities for Pay
- Faculty Handbook
- Human Subjects, Payments, and Recruitment
- IP Transfer
- Recombinant DNA
- Radiation Safety
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- UNCSO Masters/Policy
- Unmanned aircraft (Drones)